Monday, September 13, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HENRY!!!

Two small arms to hold you tight,
Two small feet to run,
Two small eyes full of love for you,
One small son. ~ Author Unknown
This is the first year that our youngest son, Henry, actually understood what it meant to celebrate his birthday.  He walked around all day saying, "Is today my birthday??" and "Is that cake for me??"  He even joined in singing the birthday song! So sweet and innocent.  The best part for us as parents was seeing his siblings and cousins truly celebrating his life, being happy for him as the recipient of many exciting new gifts and enveloping him with hugs, attention and praise.



































The triumph of the cake! "Now that I've consumed more sugar in 2.1 minutes than I have in 2.1 years, I am fully prepared to rip into my presents with lightening speed."
"Holy smokes! My own set of John Deere farm tools!"
"George, my new Case tractor is gonna leave Uncle Doug's in the dust!"
"Watch out, Future Farmers of America, here I come!"

Though little, I'll work as hard as a Turk,
If you'll give me employ,
To plow and sow, and reap and mow,
And be a farmer's boy.
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment