Sunday, October 3, 2010

Queen of My Double-Wide Trailer, Part III

Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, a dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest. ~Robert Montgomery


On the day the movers were scheduled to arrive, I found myself wide awake at a very early hour.  Unable to overcome the force of a restless mind, I decided embrace the day and head out for my morning jog.  The harvest moon still hung majestically in the sky, lighting my path as I followed a trail of deer tracks out on the gravel road.  


In the silence of the early morning, I felt a deep sense of hope.  The moving process began last May....and four months later I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I knew that the time for making our house a home, and filling it up with all of the sights, sounds, scents and scenes of family life was very near.


Then, to my delight, the sun awakened, and broke through the sky, spilling it's warmth upon this little spot of earth in the corner of Kansas. 
The rising sun unveils the most unique colors in everything it touches.
The brilliance of reds, browns and green in the milo  -
And softness of happy yellow exuded in sunflowers that line the country roads.  
They are my morning greeters when I jog, cheering me on, keeping me going, choosing to be lovely just for me. 
I don't have any pics of the movers - we were all like scurrying mice trying to get to the cheese that day - there just wasn't time for pictures.  They came, they saw, they conquered. Thankfully, everything found a landing place.


And, there are signs of progress: steadily boxes are being unpacked, belongings once again finding belonging...
Stella has found her royal spot as official guard dog...hmmm
The boys no are no longer forced to find temporary shelter in a tree (kidding!...actually, they would love that!)...
The front door awaits the presence of visitors...(and a wreath, some flower pots...)
And, thanks be to God, there is coffee...
...when coupled with prayer, it has the power to transform a drooping mother into a sorting, organizing, decorating, educating, cooking, cleaning, laundry force to be reckoned with!  
A hundred men may make an encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home. ~ Chinese Proverb















No comments:

Post a Comment