Monday, May 16, 2011

I Almost Missed It

I almost missed this...
 and this...
Before dashing off into the day this morning, my prayer was simple:  Lord, help me to recognize you in the "every day" today.  The night before, Steve and I stayed up late visiting about experiencing Christ in the ordinary moments of life, because He is ever-present in those moments, and longs to be with us throughout our days.

So, off I went - run to Mom's Group, run to the grocery store, run circles around the kids and kitchen to make lunch, run to the dentist, run home, run, run, run....isn't this so often the narrative of our lives??

Lucky for me, my son Andrew so kindly reminded me of the intention of my morning prayers: O Lord that I may see you today.

So maybe I will stop running a bit, slow it down to a jog, or maybe a walk....
And even if those dishes have to wait, the laundry must sit another hour before being folded, the pictures never end up in scrapbooks, or I pass up being plugged in to the happenings on Facebook or e-mail, at least I will know that I will not miss another moment like the one that almost slipped by today....

Thank you, Andrew, for seeing how beautiful your sleepy little brother was.  In all his sweetness, you couldn't resist holding him, kissing him.  Thank you for recognizing our Lord in the moment, and in doing so, rescuing me from running another lap around my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment